Millions of people all over the world drink soda every single day. Not all the people drink the same amounts, but this still does not mean that drinking soda does not have negative influence on their bodies. The thing with sodas is that it can be so hard to resist the temptation of having one drink and then another one and another one… Until it becomes a habit.
Why are sodas so bad for our bodies? The answer to this question lies in the sugars that companies use to make sodas taste so sweet. The problem is that these drinks do not have any value for our bodies and all calories come from added sugar. Although excess calories are the number one problem with sodas, experts believe that excessive drinking of this kind of drink can cause diabetes and tooth decay.
Commercials want you to believe that diet sodas are the healthier alternative, but, the truth is that they are not. These diet drinks maybe have less calories, but, it is believed that they have even more added sugar, so that the drink could have any taste. If you are trying to stop drinking sodas, the best thing is to avoid diet sodas as well.
Here are some tips on how to quit drinking sodas easily:
– You can get addicted to sodas, so if you tend to drink lots of these drinks every day, it would be a good idea to slowly drink less and less soda every day.
– Some people got great results when they mixed their soda with water. The benefit of drinking soda and water mix is that you are hydrating your body and drinking less soda at the same time.
– If you are trying to lose weight, just see how much calories every soda drink has. This will be enough for you to quit drinking soda immediately. Furthermore, when you see how much calories one drink has – just calculate how much you need to workout to burn that calories.
– You can try to substitute soda for tea (unsweetened, of course). This is a great alternative and it can help you feel even better and help speed up your metabolic rate.
– Nutritionists have a great tip – whenever you feel like you want to have a soda, drink a glass of water first. Often people crave for soda just because they are thirsty or simply because they are bored. Luckily, just one glass of water can help in both cases.
– There is one more substitute, which is not so popular because it is more expensive – natural juices. These are great for you and your body, and you can be sure that they are better than sodas.
– You can try and add flavors to water, so it could be more interesting and you could create a mix that could be great substitute for your sodas.
– Most of the people drink sodas just in some occasions, so the effective way to drink less is to avoid these occasions, at least in the beginning.
– If you still love to drink sodas, why don’t you try to drink them just in special occasions?
It will surely not be easy to stop drinking sodas, but if you try some of our tips, you will be one step closer to it!