One of the best things about running is that it doesn’t need lots of expensive equipment – actually, you only need good pair of running shoes and you’re all set! However, when we say a good pair of running shoes, we don’t mean those nice pink sneakers that you like – we mean the sneakers of the right shape, that fit you perfectly, because having the wrong shoes can make running unpleasant, even hurtful – it can even lead to injuries!
Luckily, it has never been easier to find the perfect pair of running shoes – and some even come at very affordable price! However, how to choose the right shoes when there is like hundred pairs when you visit your local sports store? The process might look difficult, but it can be very easy when you know the basics:
- While internet is the ideal place to start your quest for buying the perfect running shoes, it can’t offer you what a specialty running store can. That’s why the best place to start is one of the specialty store, that has professionals dedicated to help you choose the perfect pair.
- Specialty stores can analyze your gait, which helps them first to determine what is the best category of running shoes for your feet. When they finish analyzing your gait, they will be able to offer multiple shoes from a certain category, but from different manufacturers.
- Buy the shoes in the right size! While this may seem an obvious tip, we must say that you shouldn’t settle for any shoes that are not the perfect size. Experts say that you can buy shoes a little bigger than you need, but you should never buy shoes that are tight.
- Keep in mind that the perfect fit is the priority and not the looks of the shoes. Unfortunately, a lot of people buys shoes for its looks, without looking for the perfect fit.
- It would be ideal if you could do a test jog of all shoes you try on – some stores will let you, some will not. The thing is – some shoes might not feel right while standing, but might be perfect when running.
- Experts say that you should look at buying running shoes as an investment. There are currently running shoes selling for as low as $20, but you should invest a little more into some good shoes, which could prevent injuries in the future.
- When you find the perfect pair of running shoes – you should use them only for running. The main reason is to preserve the longevity of the shoes.
- You must remember that running shoes do have their “expiry date” – not exactly, but they do have a medium lifespan. Many different things have their part in the overall lifespan of the running shoes – like the weight of the runner or the surface that you usually run on. You can either look for signs of wear or you can simply replace them with new pair after you have covered more than 400 miles.