If you are not a morning person, getting up early in the morning seems like an impossible task, not to mention exercising early too. Most of us love to sleep a little longer in the morning and we need coffee just to open our eyes. The benefits of working out early in the morning have been proven over and over in the last ten years, but it seems that it simply is not enough to get us started.
On the other hand, some people get up early just to exercise – some of the leaders in various industries get up quite early to workout (as early as 4 AM), because they don’t have the time to do it later in the day, while other exercise early because of the many benefits. If you are thinking about joining the “early exercise club”, here are some things that you need to know:
- Various studies have shown that exercising early in the morning jump starts your metabolism, but that’s not all – it also keeps it in a higher rate, sometimes up to 24 hours! This basically means that, along with the calories that you burned during the workout, you will burn more throughout the day.
- People who exercise in the morning claim that this exercise is what helps them feel energized the whole day. Furthermore, you will feel better because you will know that you did something that is good for you, even though you didn’t feel like it.
- Another benefit of exercising in the early morning is that for up to 10 hours from the exercise, your brainpower will be increased. This means that exercising early can be especially beneficial on days when you know you have important things in front of you.
- Most of the people who have been able to start with early morning exercise say that when they finally decided to exercise in the morning, getting up suddenly stop being the problem and they were able to do it easier than ever. Exercising regularly means better sleep and better sleep means that you will be able to get up early a little easier than before.
- Experts say that exercising at the same time every morning will enable your cycles to sync up, which means that the longer you exercise, the easier will be for you to get up, because your body will prepare to wake you up earlier.
- What many people choose as the best benefit of working out in the early morning is that it helps them regulate their appetite. In most cases people who have exercised early in the morning eat much less than usual, even though they were doing some exhausting workouts.
- After a while, people start enjoying exercising in the morning, they even look forward to it.
- For all those who have busy schedules, exercising early in the morning is the only sure way to get the workout done, without the possibility of something more important stopping them later in the day.