If you want to build muscle and get definition – then exercise is the key, however, if you want to lose weight, then you should start in the kitchen. More and more experts claim that what we eat is more important than exercise when it comes to weight loss. Another problem occurs when people actually realize how important dieting is and then they cut down on portions and reduce significantly calorie intake, depriving themselves on important nutrients and vitamins. The key to weight loss is eating the right foods in proper amount and not depriving yourself of what your body needs.
Here are some foods that should help you both lose weight and supply your body with much-needed nutrients:
- Avocado – this fruit has a lot of monounsaturated fatty acids and it is known for helping with losing belly fat. If you don’t have it already in your diet, there are many ways to incorporate it into your daily life.
- Hummus – experts say that if you constantly crave for some snacks, this is the best food to have in the fridge. You can easily use it in the kitchen – add it to your salads, use instead of mayonnaise in sandwich or simply throw it over your veggies.
- Potatoes – this food is often considered as bad for your diet, because of the amount of carbs they have. Luckily, this is not the case, as it was proven in many extensive studies and researches all over the world. The best thing about potatoes is that they are super-easy to prepare and can easily be combined with any other ingredient.
- Meat – if you are a vegetarian, this is not for you. Joking aside, lean meats are known as one of the best sources of protein in the world and along helping you build muscles, meat can help you feel full for a longer time. Just one thing – keep track of calories that meats add into your diet – because bigger cuts can add significant amount in a single dish!
- Nuts – there are a lot of benefits of eating nuts regularly. On the top of the list of benefits are the high amount of protein, nutrients that help you fight with body fat and the help with increasing serotonin (making you feel better every day).
- Greek yogurt – this ingredient has much more to offer besides the awesome taste – it can be paired with lots of foods to create amazing meals and eating it regularly can help you lose more weight.
- Soup – there is a good reason for you to incorporate soups in your daily diet – they are really easy to prepare, they help you feel full for a longer time and don’t have many calories.
- Salmon – no list of healthy foods would be complete without salmon. This fish that has lots of omega-3 fatty acids, known to provide many, many benefits when consumed regularly. Furthermore, salmon has lots of protein and can be paired with many foods to create diverse and interesting meals.